Media Unlimited director Magda Abu-Fadil was tapped to join the TAKREEM Selection Board 2014 that chooses candidates for one of the Arab world’s most prestigious prizes.
Lebanese TV star and talk show host Ricardo Karam founded the TAKREEM Initiative and serves as its CEO.
The Selection Board met in Beirut in April 2014 ahead of a final gathering of TAKREEM’s Jury Board that includes internationally renowned figures from, and interested in, the Arab World.
The Selection Board groups individuals from various professions, renowned for their distinctions and achievements, and their responsibility is to draw up a carefully considered short-list of candidates in each award category.
The categories are:
- Humanitarian and Civic Services
- Environmental Development and Sustainability
- Scientific and Technological Achievement
- Innovation in Education
- Cultural Excellence
- Arab Woman of the Year Award
- Young Entrepreneur Award
- Outstanding Corporate Leadership
- Exceptional International Contribution to Arab Society.
The 2014 TAKREEM laureates will be announced at a ceremony in November in the Moroccan city of Marrakesh.